America is a nation made up of homeowners. In fact, 65% of the U.S.’s citizens are homeowners. There are both financial and personal benefits that come with being a homeowner that renters don’t get to experience. Check out these 6 key points:
- It is cheaper to own than it is to rent. Financially, it is harder to get into a rental than it is to buy a home for sale in Lynden, WA.
- Lynden, WA home values are up. In fact, all over the nation home values are up. It is truly a great way to accumulate wealth. If you buy a home for sale in Lynden, WA at market value and you do not over pay and the market doesn’t sink, you will make money at resale.
- You get to make your own home improvements without waiting for approval from someone else. The perk to owning your own Lynden, WA real estate is that it is yours. Read the HOA fine print (if it applies to you) before you do anything outlandish to your homes exterior, but if you want to completely remodel the interior, that is your prerogative. The best part is that whether it is a new roof or a brand new kitchen, it adds value to your Lynden, WA real estate.
- You could earn an income on your property. Whether you own a second home for sale in Lynden, WA that you rent out, or your current Lynden, WA real estate is big enough to rent out some space, you could bring in enough money to contribute towards (or even cover) the mortgage.
- Speaking of mortgage, it gives you a tax break. You get to take a tax deduction on mortgage interest. You do not get to do that as a renter.
- When your mortgage is fixed, your house payments are predictable. So long as you don’t borrow equity on your Lynden, WA real estate, your mortgage payments will stay the same for the remainder of the loan. Renters do not get that same luxury as they are usually subject to rent increases whenever their lease expires.
For more information on buying Lynden, WA Real Estate, give me a call at 360-410-0848.